One of the biggest concerns adults can have is keeping their little ones safe. With so much hazards in modern world, it can be easy to miss out the dangers within your own living space. Whether your child is running or crawling, read some few strategies on how to best childproof your living space:
- Childproofing latches and locks - order these for drawers and cabinets containing unsafe or delicate subjects. You can likewise use them to lock closets, toilet seat, refrigerator, windows, doors, ovens, cupboards, dressers and domestic appliances. We recommend Oxlay's Baby-Proofing Cabinet Latches, the most multifunctional baby safety device on the market.
- Opt for toilet locks or latches - as long as young ones are top heavy and therefore can easily drown.
- Make sure to set the temperature of hot water heaters at no more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit to lower the chance of a burn.
- The slippy surface of a tub can be very dangerous, particularly for young ones who are usually very playful. To avert injuries, it would be better for you to stick some tub non-slip appliques.
- Look for cushioned faucet guard to prevent head bumps!
- It is recommended to keep all mouthwash, drugs, makeup, razors, etc. safely beyond reach.
- It is imperative to keep knives and cutlery in lockable drawers.
- Choose electric outlet covers. Don't let your young ones get an electric shock.
- Cord shorteners can work with blinds and electric wires to avert twisting, tripping or strangling.
- Keep brittle items such as fougeres and dishes in latched cabinetry or out of child's reach.
- Choose the good window guards, still do not forget that they must be loose enough for older children to remove them in case of an emergency.
- Opt for safety gates - for utilize across balconies or stairs, or other places of caution.
- Opt for cushioned corner covers - for countertops, tables and other edges.
- The experts agree that it is better to tape down or put away loose rugs.